places to go, people to meet
I was going to be a wise arse and just leave this page blank BUT there are many aspects of being old that makes you want to be there before you get there--take your time, kids, take your time! :O)
1. Everywhere you turn you are offered a 'senior citizen discount from movies to restaurants, clothing stores, supermarkets, etc.
2. You learn to stop worrying, that it is only a waste of what time one has left.
3. Chances are you're retired and enjoy what you want.
4. There is no need to rush somewhere or do something.
5. You don't need to shave--unless you want to (ladies included--though I've been told different by a lady--I have seen old women with mustaches--okay, okay I'm ducking.)
6. So many excuses and so many accepted as natural for not doing something! "I forgot." "I didn't hear." "I thought I would do it tomorrow." It's your fault. You didn't remind me." "Oh, was that today."
7. Time to nap in the afternoon or go to the movies and not have to fight crowds or noise.
8. You can blog and comment to your hearts content.
9. After 70, people, those who do and don't know you, show you respect and "Yes, M'am " and "Yes, Sir" you to death.
10. You can fall asleep in the middle of a TV show or movie or reading a book and know the ending.
11. You can say, "When I was your age..."
12. You can tell the world how things were much better years ago.
13. Erectile dysfunction and/or use of Viagra is a lot less than you are led to believe.
14. You start getting rid of 'things' and life becomes uncluttered.
15. You forget all the bad in your past relationships and remember only the good.
16. You are outliving your enemies
17. You realize how little knowledgeable people know.
18. For no reason, excepting being old, you are thought of as being wise and experienced.
19. Children are amazed at how you survived a childhood with so little.
20. People fear the wrath of a senior citizen and will defer to them at sales, on line or wherever waiting takes place.
21. You only buy 4 rolls of toilet paper!
Young or old enjoy the stage of life you are in!
Add a Comment